top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

Be In The Know

How much do you charge for a tax return?

Typically, our fees are lower than national chains and larger CPA firms. However, there are many factors that determine the cost of a return: 

  • The type and number of tax forms necessary for filing

  • Children and/or dependents

  • W-2 wages, 1099_Nec, or 1099_Miscs income

  • If you are a business owner

  • Investments

  • Retirement

  • Credits (EIC, child tax credit, etc.)

  • Family member(s) in college

We promise that we will do the best return at a fair price. We strive to ensure that you only pay your fair share of taxes and not a penny more.​

What information will you need to do my tax return?

We will need the following personal information:

Name(s), address, phone numbers, Social Security numbers, driver's licenses, etc. Additionally, we will need copies of birth certificates and Social Security cards of children/dependents.

We will need all your income tax documents ( W2s, 1099s, 1099Bs, 1098, 1099SSA, etc.)

If you are a business owner, we will need all relevant business information, too.

If you are new to us, we will need a copy of your most recent tax return.

Can I drop off my tax information so you can prepare my return?

Yes you can! Please plan for a few extra minutes to complete a customer information profile sheet for our records. This will provide important information we will need to do your tax return and to reach you.

Do you have a drop box?

Yes. It is on the side of the front porch facing the parking lot.

How long does it take to have my taxes prepared?

In most cases, your return can be completed within a week if you have provided all the information necessary to complete the return. More complicated returns may require a little more time.

Can we email our tax documents to you to do the return?

Yes, however, we suggest you call us first so that we can set you up on our free secure online portal. This will help protect your personal information from hackers on the internet.

What form of payment do you accept?

We accept cash, check, and credit/debit cards.
Payment is expected when you (and your spouse on joint returns) sign the return before we electronically file it with the IRS. (Note: If you have provided an email address, you will receive an email confirmation that your tax return has been filed with the IRS.)

What do I do if I get a letter from the IRS?

First of all, do not panic! Lots of people get letters from the IRS for many various reasons. Bring the letter to us (or fax/email it) and we will advise you on how to proceed or respond to it. Please, do not ignore it and just put it away. You cold be complicating a simple matter by not answering it quickly (as well as possibly adding interest and/or penalties.)

What do I do if I get a phone call from the IRS?

The IRS will send you letter stating they will call you if they plan to do so. If you have not received a letter stating they will be calling, then hang up! It is probably a scam!

I have not filed a tax return in years; can you help me?

Yes, absolutely. In fact, we specialize in helping people who have various issues regarding taxes. Call for an appointment and one of our tax resolution specialists on staff will be ready to assist you.
If you owe back taxes, we may be able to help you with that too. Call for an appointment - your first 30 minute consultation will cost you nothing!

bottom of page